The first year of the Action will be focused on two main objectives. The first one would be create the appropriate ecosystem to allow senior and early stage researchers coming from dissimilar fields to collaborate into efficient multidisciplinary teams where concepts, procedures, know-how and protocols flow swiftly and seamlessly among the partners. This requires a previous knowledge of each other activities: the first MC meeting, organized with the corresponding WG meetings of all Groups will be the ideal place to bring together all different expertise.
The second objective is more ambitious, and certainly will not be completed by the end of the period. It matches objectives O1 and O3 of the Action: to establish a European coordination of research of excellence in the emerging field of ICT devices based on novel nanodoped and nanostructured materials; the network should become an international reference in novel materials for ICT applications such as photonics, materials engineering (e.g. multiferroic ceramics) and (bio)sensor areas.
The Scientific Programme of the Action identifies four areas within the novel ICT materials and devices
- New liquid crystals working at infrared and microwave range.
- Nanostructured materials based on the combination of nanoparticles (nanotubes, nanorods, nanowires) with self-organized systems.
- Aptamers as active sensing nucleic-acid chains for portable.
- Multiferroic ceramic nanoheterostructures.
The second Management Committee Meeting, MCM-3, will on one hand be used assess the progress of the Action, to refine the scientific programme, if needed and to plan the activities to be carried out in the second Grant Period of the Action.
Both joint Working Group meetings are thought to foster the scientific exchange between the different communities in order to identify first ideas for future collaboration. The first joint WG meeting will additionally lead to an updated literature survey and development of common reference scenarios, while the second will enable the definition of first test cases and the appropriate equipment.
To the WG meetings researchers additional to the MC will be invited. These are substantially Young Researchers (ESRs). They will have the opportunity to show their activities and to discuss their results with peers.
The main purpose of the Dissemination Board meeting will be to perform the final setup of the webpage. This will require the establishment of at least two fundamental keys: 1) a simple, reliable way to keep the page continuously updated in an organized manner, and 2) an attractive and intuitive page presentation and outlook prepared in such a way that would reach the first places in search engine applications like Google. Both keys, especially the second, would probably require to hire the services of a professional studio.
- EU Financial Report from 1/6/2013 – 31/12/2013 by 15/1/2014 combined with Intermediate Financial Report.
- Yearly Financial Report by the end of the period (due 30/6/2014)
- Minutes of the MC Meetings
- Technical Reports of the WG Meetings including Abstracts of presentations
- Creation of IDEM website
- Creation of an Intranet within the webpage to allow interchange of knowledge, common publications, discussion panels, etc.
- Updated literature survey and development of common reference scenarios.